Note: This reflects the whitepaper as of June 16, 2021. As changes are made and the project evolves, you can view the changes on our live whitepaper
The Altruism Protocol (Altrucoin) is a community-driven, automatic yield-generating token created on the Binance Smart Chain. The protocol was designed to produce decentralized charitable donations and to provide a safe, appreciating store of value for token holders with strong incentives for long-term investment and a clear use case.
Altrucoin implements many cutting-edge cryptocurrency mechanisms such as frictionless yield generation through reflection, automatic liquidity pooling, deflationary tokenomics, and more. We have learned from our predecessors and aim to improve on their formulas by solving many of the problems we see with existing yield-generating tokens.
Our roadmap lays out our plan to implement fully decentralized governance and a trustless decentralized lending platform where profits are given directly to staking token holders and charities instead of banks or middlemen.
The team behind Altrucoin firmly believes in creating equal opportunities for wealth generation for all people. That is part of the reason why we have reserved no pre-launch tokens and have instead decided to purchase at the same price as all other early investors during our public launch.
We hope you’ll join us in doing our part to create a better world. 💙
Network: Binance Smart Chain (BEP-20)
Contract address: 0xeDAF1F5B8078d4feb4E13c8d5A2c8dE1365be7b6
- Charity — Giving to impactful charitable causes to change the world for the better.
- Decentralization — Ensuring no single entity or group has complete control of the protocol.
- Community — Through decentralization Altrucoin will remain community-driven, built, and controlled.
- Security — Creating a secure store of value for all our holders.
- Growth — Producing yield generation and creating a sensible investment for our holders.
- Transparency — Complete transparency in all aspects of the project.
What Sets Us Apart?
Our team has identified several issues with existing frictionless yield-generation tokens, and has devised solutions for each of them:
1. Issue: Centralized Control
Many of these tokens are controlled by a small team of people. Investing in their projects requires you to place your trust in the individuals, sometimes their identities are not even publicly disclosed. Even if they are they can adjust the tokens to their will at any time without the consent of the holders/investors.
Solution: Decentralized Governance
Our solution to this issue is twofold. First, our entire team has publicly disclosed their identities at launch. Second, we have developed a roadmap detailing our exact plans for full decentralization of our protocol. Our smart contract was built with the necessary tools for full decentralized governance from the start.
2. Issue: Centralized Donations
While it is admirable that many other tokens have decided to make donations to charitable causes, the holders/investors of the project have no say in which charities are receiving donations and there doesn’t seem to be any vetting process in place.
Solution: Community Controlled Donations
We have created and implemented a charity voting system that all users can use. It was launched at the same time as our token and can be found at vote.altrucoin.io Political donations are strictly prohibited.
3. Issue: Low Token Usability
The high tax rate of many of these tokens creates an issue for general usability.
Solution: Increased General Usability
By implementing an alternative yield generating mechanism (defi lending) we can maintain yield generation for holders while reducing the tax rate on transactions. This system maintains the incentives for long-term investing while also reducing the barrier to entry for new users.
4. Issue: No Primary Use Case
Most other yield generation tokens lack a defined use case. This leads to a boom and bust type market which leaves many investors with massive losses and no recourse.
Solution: Defi Lending Use Case
We have decided to implement a proven use case for our token: trustless decentralized lending. This use case aligns perfectly with our core values, incentives long-term holding, and creates demand for our token.
5. Issue: Replicated Smart Contract Code
Many yield-generating smart tokens are not using any unique code. They are reusing the exact smart contract from other tokens, providing no innovation.
Solution: Customized Smart Contract
While we do make use of established code libraries and boilerplate templates, we have also implemented unique code to create a token that matches our needs exactly. Some of these changes include automatic protocol wallet diversion, upgradable DEX router pairs/addresses, and preparation for decentralized governance. We have taken the best parts of other existing projects and have improved on them in many ways.
6. Issue: Poor Security Controls
Many recently launched tokens require holders to trust that the contract owner will not take any malicious actions. This has resulted in a number of scams taking place.
Solution: Gnosis Multisig Wallets
Every protocol wallet is controlled via Gnosis Multisig Safe wallet contracts. This greatly reduces the likelihood of a single rogue user being able to attack or steal protocol funds or liquidity.
Altruism Protocol Ecosystem
Altrucoin ($ALTRUCOIN) is the token used and created by the Altruism Protocol smart contract. It is a BEP20 token deployed on the Binance Smart Chain on 06/01/2021. The token was launched publicly using the DxSale’s DxLaunch decentralized launch platform with no tokens being kept by the development team. Altrucoin actively implements the DxSale’s DxLock wallet locking tool for liquidity pool locking. More details are available in the Governance, Security, and Audits section.
Binance Smart Chain
The Binance Smart Chain (BSC) is a blockchain created by Binance (the creators of $BNB and the Binance Exchange, the largest exchange in the world) with BEP-20 smart contract compatibility allowing for high-performance decentralized applications to be launched on the BSC. Applications that are launched on the BSC have their transactions verified and validated by the BSC for a small transaction fee. The BSC was created to facilitate fast, decentralized, multipurpose transactions with low transaction fees to using the network for verification.
Altrucoin was launched with Pancakeswap as the first public exchange. Pancakeswap is the largest decentralized exchange (DEX) built on the Binance Smart Chain. It allows users to swap between BEP-20 tokens along with many other functions. Pancakeswap gives the community a safe way to purchase Altrucoin in exchange for BNB, a full purchasing guide can be found here. In the future, Altrucoin will be available on a variety of major exchanges and DEXs.
Using the Gnosis Safe Multisig application we have implemented Multisig verification on every wallet related to the Altruism Protocol and have built the initial framework for decentralized governance of these wallets into the smart contract from the start. Multisig verification requires that a minimum number of core team members approve every transaction. This added layer of security aligns with our core principle of creating a secure store of wealth for all our holders. Learn more here: https://academy.binance.com/en/articles/what-is-a-multisig-wallet
Multisig wallets include the charity wallet, development wallet, marketing wallet, and liquidity pool wallet (which is also repeatedly time-locked), all of which are publicly disclosed.
Multisig Wallet Addresses
- Contract Wallet Contract: 0xCf6b15bd93afACc413352aa5B20bD7724D253d47
- Charity Wallet Contract: 0x523F8b8949eaEa6909C6877459a74Af4C943271F
- Development Wallet Contract: 0x9CCB1ceF587E5A7a87489b983AbbDB73c6EE2f89
- Marketing Wallet Contract: 0x4B28560597fDD73b54f729055b0945A951056078
Charity Voting System
At launch, we will have a decentralized application available for all users to be able to vote on charitable requests. User votes are based on a snapshot of the blockchain at the time of the request and are weighted based on the number of tokens owned. To participate in the voting process users will only need to connect to the application using a web 3.0 wallet such as Metamask or Trust Wallet. The voting system can be found here: https://vote.altrucoin.io/#/
We aim to build upon and simplify existing yield-generation tokens. We have implemented simple and transparent systems that incentivize long term investment by rewarding holders through the following mechanisms at launch:
- Reflection/Automatic Yield Generation
- Automatic Liquidity Pooling
- Deflationary Token Burn Through Liquidity Locking and Manual Burning
- Automatic Charity, Development and Marketing funding
As listed in our roadmap, we also plan to implement the following systems to ensure the sustainability of our token:
- An established primary use case that generates demand: Staking/Defi lending
- Increased usability through planned tax rate reduction with holder yield supplemented by Defi earnings
Altrucoin implements an automatic 10% transaction fee on every transaction. Half of this fee is distributed to holders of the Altrucoin token, proportional to the tokens that they hold at the time of the transaction. This is implemented in the Altrucoin smart contract through an automatic deposit into all Altrucoin holding wallets. This provides strong incentives to hold the token long-term as an investment and to participate in helping the community grow.
The remaining half of the transaction fee (5%) is split between four multi-signature wallets. Forty percent of the remaining half is deposited into the liquidity pool wallet, used for automatic liquidity generation (repeatedly time-locked). Thirty percent is deposited into the charity wallet. Fifteen percent is deposited into the development wallet, used to fund the further development of Altrucoin. And the final fifteen percent is deposited into the marketing wallet, used to help the project grow by reaching future holders. Both the development wallet and marketing wallet will also be used as stability reserves for the Altrucoin market. These wallets ensure Altrucoin remains sustainable and constantly developing.
Simplified fee breakdown:
- Overall Transaction Fee = 10%
- 50% of that 10% tax is distributed to existing holders (5% of total)
- 50% of that 10% tax is distributed to the multisig protocol wallets broken down as follows (5% of total):
- 40% is distributed to the Liquidity Pool Wallet (2% of total)
- 30% is distributed to the Charity Wallet (1.5% of total)
- 15% is distributed to the Marketing Wallet (.75% of total)
- 15% is distributed to the Development Wallet (.75% of total)
When our Staking/Defi lending platform is launched the overall transaction tax will be reduced to increase the general usability of the token as a transferable store of wealth. Holder’s yield generation will be supplemented through Defi lending profits.
Governance, Security, and Audits
Our goal has always been for the Altruism Protocol to have decentralized governance once it is sustainable and complete. That is why we have created a complete roadmap of the steps we will be taking to reach that point. More information can be found in the Roadmap to Decentralization section. Until that time, we have implemented many safeguards such as multisig ownership of the contract, repeated liquidity locking, and publicly disclosed identities of all team members.
- We have chosen to maintain ownership of the smart contract so that necessary changes can be made in line with our roadmap (such as altering the transaction fee) until the time where decentralization can be fully implemented. The smart contract ownership will be controlled through a multisig wallet of publicly disclosed core team members.
- We have taken steps and will continue to ensure that all protocol wallets and applications can be controlled by the community through a decentralized organization.
- To ensure fairness and community say is taken into account during the time leading up to decentralized control, any major changes to the Roadmap to Decentralization will be voted on by the community using the existing charity voting system.
Liquidity pool locking
We have elected to repeatedly time lock our liquidity pool (effectively burning the locked tokens). This process will use the DxLock decentralized application created by DxSale with re-locking of the wallet once every 3 months. If any changes are made to this process it will be voted on by the community using the existing voting system. The liquidity pool tokens are not to be used for anything besides liquidity or permanent token burn using the 0 dead address.
- Why not permanently lock the liquidity pool? We have chosen to not permanently lock the liquidity pool due to expected ecosystem changes such as new decentralized exchange (DEX) version pools that are released over time with independent liquidity pools. With permanently locked liquidity wallets, all previous liquidity is lost or locked into outdated trading protocols when new versions are released. If new exchanges develop that users prefer, we would be able to move liquidity to their pools.
- Timed locking allows us to re-evaluate the landscape at timed intervals to see if changes need to be made. Any planned changes will be voted on for approval by holders, if no changes are to be made the wallets will be time-locked immediately after unlocking.
We believe the combination of tools and safety mechanism we have implemented in the Altruism Protocol make our system far more secure and flexible than other similar tokens.
Locked Liquidity Pool Wallets
- Multisig Locked Wallet 0xcf6b15bd93afacc413352aa5b20bd7724d253d47
DxLock Locked Wallet (Repeatedly Time Locked)
Internal Audits Pre Launch
- Pre-launch internal audit completed — 5/28/21
External Audits Pre Launch
- TechRate initial audit passed 5–31–21
- Rugscreen scan passed http://rugscreen.com/scan/certificate?tokenid=841ab1eec6
External Audits Post Launch
- TechRate full contract audit — Passed 6/11/21 https://altrucoin.io/wp-content/uploads/2021/06/ALTRUCOIN-Full-Smart-Contract-Security-Audit-v2.pdf
Roadmap to Decentralization
Our roadmap can be found here: Roadmap
From this project’s inception, we have always planned for Altrucoin to be controlled through decentralized governance. Our team has implemented a variety of tools into the smart contract and applications from the start to ensure that this is possible. Our roadmap details our plans to create a sustainable token environment and then to transfer control to a decentralized system for future decision making and control.
While our project will have a centralized controlling body at launch we have taken many steps to create a fully transparent, trustworthy, and secure protocol for the community to invest in. Some of these steps include locking our liquidity pool, implementing multisig wallet controls, publicly disclosing team member identities and all project wallets, and building our smart contract and applications for decentralization from the start. We are always open to additional suggestions and hope that you will choose to join us in making the world a better place.
“Effective altruism is a philosophy and social movement that advocates the use of evidence and reasoning to determine the most effective ways to benefit others. Altruism refers to improving the lives of others — as opposed to egoism, which emphasizes only self-interest.”
Based on the principles of effective altruism we would like to leverage the community’s knowledge, research, and insight to determine the most impactful organizations to donate to.
Application Requirements for an Altrucoin Donation
The following documents must be included in your application:
- 501(c)(3) Form
- Form 990
- IRS Non-Profit Determination Letter
Currently, Altrucoin donations are limited to organizations with a presence within the United States, as to comply with the above documentation. We hope to expand to international organizations as we grow.
Donations are limited to organizations that have been in operation for at least one year.
Political organizations will not be eligible for this program.
Your non-profit must be able to accept donations in the form of cryptocurrency.
All funding received from Altrucoin must be used for the purposes as specified in your proposal.
Your charity cannot have appeared in more than 3 Altrucoin donation voting rounds in the past year.
How Charites Are Chosen
Earn to Give, Give to Earn.
Currently, the Altrucoin team will review and approve applications to be voted on by the coin holder community. In the future, as the transition to a decentralized model takes place, the process of approving applications to be voted on will be similarly decentralized. We are in the process of developing a more automatic system for approving donation proposals to be voted on by the Altrucoin community.
Some of the factors we use to evaluate the non-profits include past projects, the Charity Navigator rating, the age of the charity, percentage of donations applied to programs vs staff, funds distribution and efficacy, charity transparency, and financial health.